We Exist!!!

We Exist!!!

Postby Lord_Santa » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Yay!

Here's to all future Scandinavians joining:

Welcome
Välkommen
Velkommen

I speak Danish and Swedish, so feel free to ask me anything in those languages (if you have problem expressing yourself in English)
Lord_Santa
Pro
Pro

Postby Silent Bob » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:10 pm

My brother and I are always impressed by the multilingual Europeans who emigrate to the States. I don't know if it's from necessity because of proximity to those other countries, but I'm sure it's very helpful in business and other areas.

Most of us here speak only English (and we expect everybody else in the world to speak it as well - don't hold that against us!). Bilingual people are highly prized in job searches.
Silent Bob
GoG Moderator
GoG Moderator

Postby BEN » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:18 am

So who's your favorite soccer team? What's the weather like in your area? How prevalent is the Internet, and how old do you have to be to drive/drink(not at the same time I hope, haha)???

If I knew another language, I'd ask it in that, haha, but that one thing I really struggle with. In 2007, my goal was to learn Spanish. I started out great but quickly gave up :roll:
BEN
GoG Admin
GoG Admin

Postby Lord_Santa » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:48 pm

Most of us here speak only English (and we expect everybody else in the world to speak it as well - don't hold that against us!)

well, it always strikes me as funny when aliens speak English in movies; but I do realize that English is a rather "easy" language to learn (at least for those of us, who utilise the Roman alphabet) and it has been implemented as an international standard, within the EU (although Germans and French people, still have a hard time "adapting", but each to his own =)

So who's your favorite soccer team?

sorry, but I am lousy at all kinds of sports (except on computer =) but there is a team in Sweden called "Hammarby", which I have supported since I was a kid =)
Otherwise, the only sporting I do is ride BMX (and from time to time Skateboarding); I'd loove to pick up Golf some day though, but that's a question of economy =)

What's the weather like in your area?

Horrible. =)
No it's not "horrible"; horrible, but it's been the warmest winter for 250 years in Stockholm and thus there's been alot of rain
Right now it's Easter and the snow finally came
I personally prefer the summer time, but that's probably the poetic justice of this country; we swedes looove the summer-time, especially since it "only" lasts for 3 months (top) and thus we go out alot in the summertime
the winter's usuially bring up a more negative side of people, since it's so grey and murky in Stockholm, during the winters
But as soon as spring kicks in, I'll be heading down to the docks in the middle of the night, with my Gameboy (Color!) and a six-pack =)

How prevalent is the Internet

well, unfortanly I don't have the best internet available and have to settle with 24Mbit, but most of my friends have 100Mbit, a few are blessed better

how old do you have to be to drive/drink

In Sweden there are different classes of Alchol;
There's the one you buy at the store (3.5%) and the one you buy at "Systembolaget" (Systembolaget, being owned by the government, thus they name the price), at the store you need to be 18 and at "Systembolaget", you need to be 21.
Most pubs require males to be 25 and females to be 21 (it a strange system); fortanly I don't have to worry about either ^^

You need to be 18 in order to drive, which is quite necessary in Sweden, since people drive like crazy =)

In 2007, my goal was to learn Spanish. I started out great but quickly gave up

an interesting language, but hard to master... I speak some French and some German, but not very good at it =/
I wish, I wish I could get my act together and learn Japanese though =)
Lord_Santa
Pro
Pro

Postby JackDaniels624 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:44 pm

do you happen to like Amon Amarth or Opeth?
JackDaniels624
Perma-Neophyte
Perma-Neophyte

Return to Scandinavia